“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
Another January has gone by. It is the month when we make decisions about how we are going to spent the rest of our year. Few people manage to successfully pull off their New Years Resolutions and end up falling away from their goals by the beginning of February. I am thankful that I have the promise that God will continue do His work in me whether I fall away from my goals or not.
Today I would like to share my wish list for 2018 as well as my favorites for January! I have high hopes that this year I will be able to achieve several career goals!
- Driver’s Permit/License
- Open up a Paypal
- Open an Etsy shop
- Open a Patreon
- Dinosaur Costume
My friend and I are planning an awesome Summer job that requires a Dinosaur costume. I can’t say much else, but that it will be hilarious!
- Souvenirs from Kings Dominion
My dad purchased tickets for Kings Dominion. We haven’t been there in three years so the shirt I bought from there is too small!
- American Girl Doll Piper
- American Girl Doll 10th Doctor
[[SPOILERS TO THE PIPER CHRONICLES BELOW]]
It all started when I was on Pinterest and I saw this:
(Photo owned by: Kingsgirl1015)
Instantly, I was in love! And great timing! that American Girl has released Truly Me boy dolls! I want to save up for Truly Me #65 and Truly Me #75 to become Piper and the 10th Doctor!
- Commissions to Buy
There are so many people I love on DeviantArt, and I want to support them. So I want to start purchasing some commissions from them. There is some great talent over there!
- Souvenirs for Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA
I would like to purchase a few of the things that I had been eyeing last Summer!
- A vest or sash to display my collection of pins.
- Ninjago Cosplay (Kamara/Kai)
I will be either my Original Ninjago Character or Kai for Halloween this year. This will require inexpensive, but quality clothes for cosplay.
- Kinarah and Menorah for American Girl Doll family
Even though Melody is from 1964, and Kwanzaa wasn’t established until 5+ years later, I still would like to purchase a Kinarah for my Melody doll. I would love to learn more about this African-American holiday that was founded during the Civil Rights Movement. I would also like a Menorah for the same reasons. I would like to use this holiday as a springboard for learning more about the Jewish heritage.
– “Doctor Who | A History of Humankind: The Doctor’s Guide”
– “Doctor Who | A Brief History of the Timelords”
I received these books for Christmas. Since I have not seen the entire 30+ years of The Doctor Who Television Show, I figured I needed a crash course in Time Lord history. After all, I am writing about a Time Lord character!
– “American Girl: BeForever | Growing Up with Aloha: A Nanea Classic”
- Nanea Michell is a ten year old resident of Oahu growing up in the early days of World War II following the disaster of Pearl Harbor. I have fallen in love with Polynesian culture since Disney’s “Moana” came out.
– Nerdy Nummies Icing Tips
- Practice! Practice! Practice!
– Transformers G1 Bumblebee Hoodie
- I finally bought it this year! It is an incredible Geeky jacket. The detail is just amazing. I love creeping people out when the hood zipped up all the way!
– Nancy Drew 2-Game Pack: The Captive Curse and Tomb of the Lost Queen
- My friend and I share this as a favorite! I will soon have all the games!
– Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie Fragrance Sphere
- Why can I not enjoy Christmas after Christmas? It IS still winter, after all! Christmas Cookie is my favorite scent from Yankee Candle! It creates a warm and happy atmosphere of holiday baking! The fragrance sphere has lasted four months and was very reasonably priced! I currently have two Christmas Cookie fragrance spheres in stock for the long, dark months of winter.
– Avatar: The Last Air bender
- Now I know what you’re thinking: “Tomboy, that show came out years ago! That show was the best thing ever! What took you so long!?” I was not able to view Avatar Last Airbender until this year. Yes, it is really good! I love the references to ancient Asian mythology and cultural history!
January Music Mix tape:
- “Nil Se’n La” – Celtic Woman
- “I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors)” From Disney’s “Moana” – Rachel House and Auli’i Cravalho
- “We Know The Way” From Disney’s “Moana” – Opetaia Foa’i and Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “How Far I’ll Go” From Disney’s “Moana” – Alessia Cara
- “There’s Nothing Holding Me Back” Cover – Peter Hollens
- “Can’t Hold Us” Cover – Pentatonix
- “Seagulls! (Stop it Now)” – Bad Lip Reading
- “Tomorrow We Fight (Ft. Svrcina)” – Tommee Profitt and Svrcina
- “The One Exceptions” – Gresby Race Nash and Louise Dowd
- “Chained to the Rhythm” – Katy Perry